Brexit – Impact on HGV drivers – share your thoughts
It’s been almost two months since the big decision that the British population had to make about leaving the EU. The result was a big shock for many of us– and a relief for others. How will leaving the European Union affect HGV drivers and the whole Transport and Logistics industry? Will it change for the better or will we see a Dark Age for transport begin as soon as UK officially activates Article 50? Maybe it won’t change anything?
Being a member of the EU for 43 years the UK has adapted many rules and laws from the EU and the line between the ones that are domestic and European has blurred. Which regulations should stay and which are just, as called by many, bureaucratic EU Laws?
We’ve found some interesting articles related to Brexit and how this can affect our industry that we would like to share with you.
- 1. An article from Transport Operator outlining possible consequences of Brexit
- --How Brexit could affect road transport--
- 2. Commercial motor describes changes to CPC or lack of...
- --Post-Brexit drivers' hours and Driver CPC rules--
3. A short video on Truck and Driver showing what could Brexit mean for trucks